About the Company
BiLira is one of the most promising FinTech ventures coming out of Turkey, supported by notable investors and partners. Our core technology is a 1 to 1 backed stable cryptocurrency that is pegged to the value of The Turkish Lira, whose value never changes. We are a group of passionate entrepreneurs with an ambitious goal democratizing access to financial products through decentralized technologies.
The purpose of this job is to analyze data, build models and develop execution algorithms to support our business needs. Algorithmic trading involves trading in equities, currencies, or other financial instruments using computer programs. This candidate will contribute significantly to the development and enhancement of the algorithmic portfolio management system used to balance the risk, transaction costs, and expected return of the trading book. The candidate will be very closely involved with the trading desk and enhance their businesses via the strategic development of the modeling, risk, and trading infrastructure.
The ideal candidate:
- Think analytically and propose innovative solutions to trading challenges.
- Parse, clean and transform unstructured or time-series data into data sets that can be researched and analyzed.
- Conduct statistical research to identify and isolate relevant feature sets that drive liquidity evolution and market impact.
- Develop tools to perform transaction cost analysis.
- Build new algorithmic execution strategies for our agency business.
- Provide trading and operations support for existing algorithmic strategies and data dependencies.
Extra Points & Nice to haves:
- BA, MS, or PhD (Engineering, Computer Science or Financial Mathematics desired)
- Solid understanding and background in developing software in Python, C++, or Java while utilizing best development practices (agile, TDD)
- Experience working with databases desired. KDB and time series data is a plus.
- Minimum 3 years of prior experience in developing trading solutions
Additional Information & Benefits
- Competitive Salary and Equity
- Individuals who live in Istanbul are our preference however we support remote working %100
- Flexible schedule and the option to be remote up to 3 days a week (though we love to hang!)
- Office perks (free coffee, coworking space, weekly community activities, etc.)
Join us if you have a proactive mindset, a desire to learn new technologies and a passion to create user centered applications. Let's democratize finance and connect everyone to the decentralized internet of tomorrow!